Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Gifts

So since I'm not exactly in a good financial position, I decided to do some digital paintings for my uncle since I was his secret santa. Also one for my niece cuz I promised to.

The concept for the painting was that their dog, Marley, which my uncle loves to death, is pulling them with a force so inconceivably powerful that all his children can't seem to stop him. Started off as a tiny sketch about a month ago. Played around with the composition and came up with this.


Got comments that the dog's body and face looked weird/scary respectively, so I fixed that up after I worked on the likeness of my cousins a bit more. Final was this:

Wish I had more time to render them out, but I think it came out alright.




Here's the one for my adorable niece, kaya. Went for a mary blair kind of look. She loves toothless from How to Train my Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment